INTEGER TYPES IN C
- C supports different kinds of integers
- maxima and minima defined in “limit.h”
This is the second standard header file we have met. This contains the difinition of a number of constants giving the maximum and minimum sizes of the various kinds of integers. It is a text file and may be viewed with any text editor.
- Constants have many types in C.
- Numbers containing “.” or “e” are double: 3.5, 1e-7, -1.29e15.
- For float constants append “F”: 3.5F, 1e-7F.
- For long double constants append “L”: -1.29e15L, 1e-7L.
- Numbers without “.” “e” or “F” are int, e.g.10000, -35 (some compilers switch to long “int” if the constant would overflow “int”).
- For “long int” constants append “L”, e.g. 9000000L.